Linux reseller hosting is recommended for developers and designers or third-party organizations who want to create branded hosting packages with Linux OS and resell the portion of bandwidth and disk space they receive. You can set your own pricing and you don’t need to worry about server management and technical support. Although, you are still responsible for additional resources whenever your client’s website needs more server space.
At HostAdvice, we searched for the best Linux reseller hosting providers in the industry and reviewed them based on their quality and overall performance. After the research, we bought, tested and used our rating parameters to rank our top 6 best Linux reseller hosting providers so you can start upselling your services and earn more money.
Key Points to Consider When Choosing Linux Reseller Hosting Provider
- Make sure the reseller hosting provider offers white-label branding and includes the WHMCS automation tool.
- Choose a host that provides high-performance hardware for 100% client satisfaction.
- Ensure your host will provide technical support to resolve your client’s website issues.
- Pick a host that offers fast website speeds and a reliable uptime guarantee.
- Make sure the host offers a Linux operating system as part of their hosting services.
Our Top 6 Best Linux Reseller Hosting Providers in 2023 (Bought and Tested)
Verpex offers 100% white-label reseller hosting with many features that ensure your hosting reputation remains excellent. They commit to handling the technical side of hosting so you can focus on partitioning your allocated resources to your customers. We like that they provide a WHM control panel, white label servers, and ultra affordable starting prices.
- Overall Score: 4.9
- Features: 4.8
- Reliability: 4.9
- User Friendly: 4.9
- Support: 4.9
- Pricing: 4.8
With Verpex, you will get fast, secure reseller hosting that will allow you to choose a reseller package, resell to your clients and stay in complete control. You are allowed to partition out your allocated disk space, bandwidth, and email accounts to your customers without worrying about server management. They also provide Anycast to allow you to create copies of your DNS records or control multiple hosting accounts under the same nameservers.
With its global data centers in five continents, you can choose a server location close to your reseller hosting clients for fast website performance. Your clients can use softaculous auto-installer, which provides access to 300+ popular scripts to deploy WordPress, Joomla, PrestaShop, Drupal and more. All Verpex reseller hosting packages come with CloudLinux to give your customers a secured and stable Linux OS.
Features (4.8): You will get features like Custom Nameservers, Unlimited Bandwidth, LiteSpeed Caching, Imunify360 Malware Protection, Flexible no. of cPanel Accounts, Free migrations, Public Cloud IP addresses, Daily Backups, WHM control panel, Softaculous auto-installer, Free domain registration & transfer, Jetbackup, unlimited migrations, SitePad Sitebuilder and more.
Reliability (4.9): Verpex offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee and a highly optimized server configuration for fast page loading times and minimum downtime.
User-Friendly (4.9): You will get quality reseller hosting service with white-label cPanel, so your customers only see your brand name.
Support (4.9): As a Verpex reseller hosting customer, you will never get stuck fixing technical issues on your own. You will get expert technical support round the clock via phone, chat, and ticket system.
Pricing (4.8): You will get 90% off on your first order to resell hosting services to a handful of customers. Here is a breakdown of Verpex’s reseller hosting package and the renewal costs:
- Start-up Reseller: $1.80 for the first month - 15 cPanel accounts, 50GB SSD Disk Space, 2GB LVE RAM per cPanel, 2vCPU per cPanel, and Unlimited Bandwidth. Renews at $18/month.
- Pro Reseller: $2.99 for the first month – 50 cPanel accounts, 250GB SSD Disk Space, 2GB LVE RAM per cPanel, 2vCPU per cPanel, and Unlimited Bandwidth. Renews at $29.99/month.
- Ultimate Reseller: $5.99 for the first month – 50 cPanel accounts, Unlimited SSD Disk Space, 4GB LVE RAM per cPanel, 2vCPU per cPanel, and Unlimited Bandwidth. Renews at $59.99/month.
- 90% discount on the first payment
- 100% white label hosting with custom nameservers
- 99.95% Support Case Resolution
- Multiple data center locations in 5 continents
- WHM control and cPanel hosting
- 45 days money back guarantee
- The live chat support is not reliable.
HostArmada ensures your clients get fast website loading times and optimal website performance with fewer users on a LiteSpeed web server. You can easily use their free white label to rebrand their hosting services with your own personal logo on cPanel and webmail. We like that they have technical experts at your disposal via free live chat consultation if your customers ask technical questions beyond your knowledge.
- Overall Score: 5.0
- Features: 4.9
- Reliability: 5.0
- User Friendly: 5.0
- Support: 5.0
- Pricing: 4.9
With HostArmada, you will get best-in-class SSD drives and cloud-powered technology for unmatched read & write speeds resulting in optimal uptime and no hardware failures. HostArmada Reseller Plans are optimized to host WordPress websites with free access to tools like Staging, WP-CLI, and technical assistance such as website transfer and plugin updates. Each cPanel account allocated to your reseller hosting business is isolated in a separate virtual environment to prevent them from being infected.
HostArmada takes the security of their reseller hosting seriously with regular malware scans on all websites to detect and clean it automatically. They also provide a web application firewall to protect your client websites from malicious attacks like login brute force, SQL injections, and other vulnerabilities will be patched. Plus, your client websites will benefit from Object Caching technology and respond to database queries faster thanks to Memcached.
Features (4.9): HostArmada’s reseller hosting package is built to allow you to start a successful web hosting business with exceptional website performance. You will get features like LiteSpeed enterprise web server, Free daily backups, unlimited websites, free white label, unlimited email accounts, Malware detection & cleanup, DDoS protection, web application firewall protection, CloudLinux OS and more.
Reliability (5.0): With HostArmada, you will get a reliable cloud service with a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
User-Friendly (5.0): You will enjoy unlimited control and management of your client hosting accounts thanks to WHM access and cPanel accounts with all the features that come with it.
Support (5.0): As a HostArmada customer, you will get 24/7 human-powered technical support to resolve your client’s website issues.
Pricing (4.9): You can pick your preferred Cloud reseller hosting plan and check how the prices change based on the billing cycle on each plan. Here is a breakdown of HostArmada’s Linux Reseller hosting packages and renewal costs:
- Sitedust: $19.09/month – 50 GB SSD Storage, 50 cPanel Accounts, 3 TB Bandwidth, 10 website transfers, 2 CPU cores and 2GB RAM per cPanel account. Renews at $25.45/month.
- Protoseller: $25.47/month – 80 GB SSD Storage, 60 cPanel Accounts, 6 TB Bandwidth, 20 website transfers, 2 CPU cores and 2GB RAM per cPanel account. Renews at $33.95/month.
- Web Giant: $31.84/month – 110 GB SSD Storage, 110 cPanel Accounts, 9 TB Bandwidth, unlimited website transfers, 2 CPU cores and 2GB RAM per cPanel account. Renews at $42.45/month.
- Site Nova: $44.59/month – 200 GB SSD Storage, 200 cPanel Accounts, 12 TB Bandwidth, unlimited website transfer, 2 CPU cores and 2GB RAM per cPanel account. Renews at $59.45/month.
- Speed reaper features are available on all plans
- Free white label and personal nameservers
- 45 days money back guarantee
- Powered by Litespeed web server
- WordPress optimized environment
- WHMCS is only available on web giant and site nova plans and is not included in monthly plans.
Interserver uses premium hardware on all its machines and utilizes only 50% of its server capacity to ensure your customers experience reliable website performance without issues. Users are assigned a DirectAdmin control panel access to manage and customize their hosting environment. We like that they allow you to create unlimited accounts to separate your client from your websites and improve security and performance.
- Overall Score: 4.4
- Features: 4.4
- Reliability: 4.4
- User Friendly: 4.4
- Support: 4.3
- Pricing: 4.5
With Interserver, you will get an in-house Intershield security tool optimized to detect attacks and replicate protection rules across other servers to block threats before they attack your website. They also use Inter-proxy to automatically cache website contents with heavy requests to make them readily accessible.
Features (4.4): You will get proactive daily backups, Unlimited Data Transfer, Cloud Linux OS, 10GB Cisco Network, Free Cloudflare CDN, SSD Caching Servers, Direct Admin control panel, free migration service, Free SSL certificate, Inter-insurance, Inter-proxy caching, Intershield security, Unlimited EMail Accounts, SitePad Website Builder, Global Content Caching and more.
Reliability (4.4): They have optimized their servers to guarantee 100% power uptime and 99.9% network uptime.
User-Friendly (4.4): You will get an instant account setup to start making money in the web hosting industry.
Support (4.3): You will get live chat support to respond to technical questions from your clients that are beyond your technical knowledge.
Pricing (4.5): Your clients will enjoy all the features of standard shared hosting. Here is a breakdown of Interserver’s Reseller hosting plans:
- RS One: $19.95/month – 80GB disk space, 500GB monthly bandwidth, and unlimited accounts.
- RS Two: $29.95/month – 120GB disk space, 700GB monthly bandwidth, and unlimited accounts.
- RS Three: $39.95/month – 160GB disk space, 1000GB monthly bandwidth, and unlimited accounts.
- RS Four: $49.95/month – 200GB disk space, 1300GB monthly bandwidth, and unlimited accounts.
- RS Five: $69.95/month – 280GB disk space, 2000GB monthly bandwidth, and unlimited accounts.
- Unlimited cPanel accounts for your customers.
- Manage your client accounts through the WHM control panel
- Customers will enjoy all standard shared hosting features
- Free daily backups and no setup fee
- No free domain registration
A2 hosting offers easy hosting management with award-winning WebHost Manager (WHM) and cPanel control panels to allocate resources as you want. They also offer 2 automated billing software, WHMCS and Blesta, to allow you to handle billing, create your own knowledge base, resolve tickets and other CRM tasks. We like that they offer 100% white label hosting, which is brandable to allow you to customize your customer’s nameservers, control panel and billing software with your own logo.
- Overall Score: 4.7
- Features: 4.7
- Reliability: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.7
- Support: 4.7
- Pricing: 4.6
A2 Turbo Hosting plans use LiteSpeed web server to provide 20x faster turbo and up to 11X faster page load performance than Apache and NGINX. It also handles up to 9x more traffic, resulting in better SEO rankings and a faster website with lower bounce rates & high conversion rates. They built their reseller hosting plans to be easily ramped up or scalable to meet your client’s website demands as they experience an increase in traffic.
With A2 reseller hosting plans, you don’t have to worry about server management, which means they will handle 24/7 server maintenance, resource upgrades, malware scanning, security and more. They also ensure your client website data are protected with free Server Rewind data backup protection, allowing easy restore whenever an unexpected event occurs.
Features (4.7): You will get WHMCS or Blesta, white-label nameservers, WHM & cPanel, Free SSL certificate, Free Cloudflare CDN, Anycast DNS, Free site migration, Reinforced DDoS Protection, CloudLinux OS, WordPress Toolkit, Server Rewind Backups, Free DNS Management, 1-Click Site Security Hardening, Easy Plugin and Theme Sets Management and more.
Reliability (4.7): You will experience a 99.9% uptime commitment with no server hiccups on ultra-reliable servers.
User-Friendly (4.7): A2 hosting is the host you can depend on with a risk-free Anytime money-back guarantee.
Support (4.7): You will get round-the-clock support from a highly knowledgeable and skilled A2 team to tackle any technical issues.
Pricing (4.6): With A2 reseller hosting, you can choose turbo reseller hosting with 20x faster speed or their normal reseller hosting without turbo. Here is a breakdown of A2 hosting turbo reseller hosting packages and renewal costs:
- Turbo Kickstart: $24.99/month – 60 GB NVMe SSD storage, 600 GB transfer, 40 client accounts, 2 CPU cores and 2 GB RAM per cPanel user. Renews at $49.99/month.
- Turbo Launch: $32.99/month – 100 GB NVMe SSD storage, 1000 GB transfer, 60 client accounts, 2 CPU cores and 2 GB RAM per cPanel user. Renews at $69.99/month.
- Turbo Grow: $42.99/month – 170 GB NVMe SSD storage, 1700 GB transfer, 100 client accounts, 2 CPU cores and 2 GB RAM per cPanel user. Renews at $99.99/month.
- Turbo Scale: $52.99/month – 270 GB NVMe SSD storage, 2700 GB transfer, 150 client accounts, 2 CPU cores and 2 GB RAM per cPanel user. Renews at $199.99/month.
- Up to 20x faster turbo
- Fully white-label reseller hosting accounts
- WHMCS automated billing software is available
- Anytime money back guarantee
- No free domain registration
ChemiCloud provides high-speed cloud infrastructure and the tools you need to get started with reselling web hosting services. You will get 100% white-label hosting, allowing you to act as a hosting provider under your brand name. We like that they also include free billing automation tools like WHMCS and Blesta to allow you to bill your customers and make customer support effortless.
- Overall Score: 5.0
- Features: 5.0
- Reliability: 5.0
- User Friendly: 5.0
- Support: 5.0
- Pricing: 4.9
To ensure your customers experience fast website speeds, they use NVMe storage, which is proven to load website pages faster and never slow down your customers. Chemicloud has 7 global data centers optimized to ensure you take advantage of their high-performance network with low latency servers and fast connectivity. They also partnered with Cloudflare to ensure your website loads faster no matter where your website visitors are located.
WHM/cPanel comes with every reseller hosting plan to allow you to customize your customer’s cPanel to fit your brand and business. You can also make money by reselling domain extensions to your customers at highly competitive pricing. With Chemicloud’s free and easy migration service, your clients can transfer their websites from any host without any interruption.
Features (5.0): Chemicloud will assist you to easily launch your own hosting business with their reseller hosting package. You will get free migration, WHMCS, WHM/cPanel, Free Blesta, Free malware removal, Private nameservers, Domain reseller account, Free Daily Backups, Free SSL Certificates, Free domain registration, Reliable Email service and more.
Reliability (5.0): They guarantee that your servers will be online 24/7 with the highest possible uptime of 99.9% and above.
User-Friendly (5.0): They offer a reliable cloud hosting infrastructure that protects your website data. They also include CloudLinux OS on all reseller hosting plans to improve server stability and security.
Support (5.0): They provide 24/7 proactive server monitoring to keep your website safe from any attack.
Pricing (4.9): Chemicloud offers storage and account-optimized options on their Reseller hosting packages. Storage optimized means you will get more disk storage and fewer cPanel accounts, while Account optimized means more cPanel accounts and less disk space. Here is a breakdown of their Reseller hosting plans and renewal prices:
- Kickstart: $22.46/month – 60 GB NVMe Storage, 30 cPanel Accounts, 3 TB Bandwidth, and Unlimited websites. Renews at $29.95/month.
- Grow: $29.96/month – 90 GB NVMe Storage, 60 cPanel Accounts, 6 TB Bandwidth, and Unlimited websites. Renews at $39.95/month.
- Expand: $41.21/month – 140 GB NVMe Storage, 80 cPanel Accounts, 9 TB Bandwidth, and Unlimited websites. Renews at $54.95/month.
- Established: $52.46/month – 200 GB NVMe Storage, 100 cPanel Accounts, 12 TB Bandwidth, and Unlimited websites. Renews at $69.95/month.
- 99.99% uptime guarantee
- Fast NVMe storage
- Free billing automation tools
- Domain reseller account
- 45 days money back guarantee
- Reliable live chat response in 7 seconds
- WHMCS is not free for Kickstart and Grow reseller plans.
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best Linux Reseller Hosting Providers in 2023 – Final Recommendation
To set up your reseller hosting business, you need to identify your business goals, choose a reseller hosting provider, fix a price range for your rebranded hosting services and build a marketing plan. Most Linux reseller hosting providers deploy their hosting infrastructure on a Linux OS because it is more reliable than Windows. Linux OS is free to use and offers a top-notch user interface, built-in security and unmatched uptime.
Also, you need to have the ability to white-label a hosting provider’s web hosting services. Hence, make sure the hosting company you want to choose allows you to rebrand its products under your name. You can choose any of our top 6 Linux reseller hosting providers to start your web hosting business.
The best reseller hosting will include free WHM/cPanel, free WHMCS, free white/private label hosting and a domain reseller account. Inmotion offers the best WHMCS/cPanel account for reseller hosting. Resellerclub is highly recommended by Bluehost, and the platform is specifically optimized for reseller hosting.
Our Ranking Methodology: How do we rank?
Web hosting is a complex business, but reseller hosting takes all the complexity out of the equation. This means that web hosting providers will handle the dirty work while you focus on acquiring new clients. We have searched, reviewed and ranked the top 6 reseller hosting providers to help you choose your next host.
Our Ranking Factors
- User reviews30%
- Performance and reliability10%
- Types of hosting offered5%
- Customer support10%
- Site speed8%
- Bandwidth and storage3%
- Traffic volume4%
- Scaling potential4%
- Features included10%
- Ease of use4%
- Starting price4%
- Money back guarantee3%
- Other factors5%
At HostAdvice, we conduct in-depth research to find the best hosting providers in the industry. We do this with care and always update our review methodologies to ensure the providers we recommend are reliable and optimized to power your websites with the best performance. We also assign certain percentages to our ranking factors based on their importance in our review process to choose the top 6 reseller hosting providers.
What is Reseller Hosting, and who is it for?
Reseller hosting is a business model created by hosting providers to rent out web hosting products that are packaged, rebranded and sold under a reseller’s brand name. You can do this efficiently by finding a reliable reseller host that is up to the task of providing white-label reseller hosting that offers all the basic features to start your web hosting business.
If you are running a web development or design agency, you can add web hosting to your service package to upsell your clients. Keep them 100% satisfied to get everything they need in one place.
As a reseller, your main task should be to handle billing and provide technical support to your customers. Reseller hosting is recommended if you are an experienced webmaster with some experience in hosting and programming. This is advisable if your clients run into technical issues and need a quick fix to keep their website running.
Although most reseller hosting providers will help you handle some of these issues, it is a big plus if you understand what you are into and can provide simple solutions without waiting for your hosting provider.
What is White-label Hosting, and why is it important?
White-label hosting is a service or feature provided in reseller hosting plans to allow resellers to rebrand a web hosting product and act as a web hosting provider under a brand name different from the web hosting provider’s name. This means you can rebrand the web hosting products of the hosting company with whom you have a reseller account with.
A white-label reseller hosting program will allow you to charge your customers more compared to the price of your reseller hosting package. You will also get automation billing tools like WHMCS or Blesta to make running your web hosting business easy.
Benefits of Linux Reseller Hosting Providers
To start your own web hosting business as a reseller, you need to create a reseller account with a Linux reseller hosting provider. Here are some benefits you will enjoy when you purchase any Linux reseller hosting package:
- White-label hosting to rebrand your web hosting provider’s products and services.
- Billing automation tools like WHMCS or Blesta.
- Your clients will get a free WHM/cPanel account to manage and customize their websites.
- A domain reseller account to allow you to resell domain extensions to your customers and earn more money.
- Your hosting provider will build and maintain servers while you focus on billing and marketing your rebranded web hosting services.
- Unlimited email accounts to ensure your clients keep in touch with their customers.
- Web hosting services are sold at wholesale prices to allow you to charge your clients more than you paid.
- Your client websites will be deployed on the reliable and free Linux operating system.
- You will get technical assistance if your clients ask questions beyond your knowledge.
- You can use their free migration service to transfer your client’s websites from another host.
How Much Does the Best Linux Reseller Hosting Cost?
The best Linux reseller hosting plans cost between $16 to $69.95 per month, depending on the length of the contract. Some factors that affect the final price include the promotional prices, WHMCS license, the number of cPanel accounts, allocated storage space and server location.
If you plan to start your own web hosting business as a reseller, research the resources your client needs to power their website. This will give you a clue on which hosting plan to start with before upgrading to higher plans when you get more customers under your reseller hosting brand.
Here are some of the providers that offer the best Linux reseller hosting prices in 2023:
- Verpex: $1.80 – $5.99 for the first month.
- Resellerclub: $16.99 – $36.99/month
- Inmotion hosting: $15.99 – $39.99/month
How Should you Choose your Linux Reseller Hosting Provider?
Choosing a reseller hosting provider and subscribing to a plan to start reselling web hosting services is extremely easy. However, you need to understand your business, know where to find your customers, and plan how much you want to charge them to host their websites or resell a domain name. Not taking note of this vital information might result in losing your customers to other resellers and possibly ending your business.
If you have a business plan for your web hosting business, then the main task is to choose the best reseller hosting for your needs. When considering a hosting provider with reseller plans, take note of the following factors to choose your next host.
Performance and reliability:
- Do they have a reliable uptime guarantee to keep websites running 24/7 without downtime?
- Does the host offer fast website loading speeds?
You shouldn’t settle for anything less than 99.9% uptime as a reseller. This is important to maintain the quality of your hosting services. You don’t want to start explaining to your clients why their website experienced 3 hours of downtime. Also, ensure your reseller hosting provider can deliver fast website speeds for your hosting business.
- Does the host have a good user interface to manage your reseller account?
- Will your host provide all the basic tools to resell their web hosting services?
Make sure your host offer features like WHMCS, WHM/cPanel, domain reseller account, Blesta, white-label hosting, Cloudflare CDN, daily backups, Free SSL certificate, DDoS protection, malware scan and removal, Unlimited email accounts, 1-click installs, and Linux OS. Also, a well-organized reseller account dashboard will make it easy for you to easily manage your account.
- If you’re unsatisfied or decide to find another reseller host, will you get a refund within the duration of their money-back guarantee?
It is a good sign if a hosting provider is willing to refund you up to 90 days money-back guarantee. This means that they have unshakable confidence in their hosting services that they use the money-back guarantee as a bargain to show how reliable their hosting platform is.
- When your business outgrows the allocated resources and requires an upgrade, do they have scalable plans?
- Will you get value for the price you pay?
Whenever you are rebranding the allocated hosting services on your reseller plan, you need to confirm that their reseller plans can be scaled easily. This is important for your client websites as there is the possibility that their website will grow and they will need more resources. However, if you have enough clients already for your hosting business, it is advisable that you go for the higher plans to avoid emergency upgrades when you are out of budget.
- Can you access your host technical support to get help?
- Do they have a support team to respond via Phone/email/chat?
As a reseller, you need to ensure your hosting provider will come in handy whenever you need to resolve an issue with your hosting account or if one of your clients needs to resolve a technical issue that is not within your control. Hence, make sure they will reply in less than 7 seconds via live chat or other channels.
- Does the hosting provider have a good reputation for reseller hosting?
Finally, it is easy to decide if a hosting provider is reliable based on the feedback from previous customers. You can easily decide if you want to try their services or move on to the next available host. Please note that a hosting provider’s price corresponds with their reputation. Hence, consider a good reputation like 100% customer satisfaction before the reseller hosting price.