European Web Hosting options are best for those who want to reach people in Europe because they offer lower delay and follow strict European data protection rules. If you need hosting for a wider range of things, we also have suggestions for foreign hosting options.
There are great European web hosts that we looked at in detail in our complete guide. Hostinger and HostArmada , on the other hand, stand out by offering better speed, protection, and customer service. Our choices are made to meet the wants of a wide range of people, from those who run a small blog to those who run a global business.
Quick Snippet of our Top European Web Hosting Providers:
|Provider||Best For||Free Trial?||Expert & User Reviews|
|Reliability||No, 30 Days Money Back Guarantee||Hostinger Review|
|Overall||No, 45 Days Money Back Guarantee||HostArmada Review|
|Website Building||No, 30 Days Money Back Guarantee||ChemiCloud Review|
|Features||No, 90 Days Money Back Guarantee||InMotion Review|
|WordPress||Yes, 30 Days||IONOS Review|
Best European Web Hosting Services Providers of 2023 (Bought and Tested)
Hostinger is a popular Lithuanian hosting provider that offers multiple top-quality hosting services at budget-friendly prices. Additionally, it maintains servers in eight locations worldwide, with four of them being in Europe. As such, it is the perfect solution for any website owner looking for blazing-fast speeds and minimal latency issues. Moreover, Hostinger provides many free and paid features and a drag-and-drop website builder that is easy to use.
- Overall Score: 4.6
- Pricing: 4.6
- Features: 4.6
- Performance: 4.6
- Support: 4.7
- User Friendly: 4.7
Pricing: You can pay for your Hostinger plan on a monthly, yearly, two-year, and four-year billing cycle. The cheapest plan is the entry-level shared hosting plan, which costs $1.99 with a four-year billing cycle. It includes hosting for one website, 50 GB SSD storage, weekly backups, one email account, unlimited bandwidth, and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Features: Hostinger provides many free and paid features, including NVMe SSD storage, daily/weekly backups, free SSL, unlimited bandwidth, free website migration, managed WordPress, a drag-and-drop website builder, AI SEO optimization, AI-powered firewall, BitNinja security, built-in DDoS protection, and a one-click app installer.
Performance: The provider offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee across all services. It maintains data centers in the USA, Lithuania, Singapore, Brazil, the UK, and the Netherlands. Additionally, all of its servers run on the latest Intel Xeon processors and NVMe SSD storage. Hostinger also offers LiteSpeed web servers and CDN support.
Support: The provider offers 24/7 customer support through live chat and email. It also maintains an extensive knowledge base with many guides, articles, and tutorials.
User Friendly: Hostinger is known among customers for being extremely user-friendly. It is simple to use and has an extremely intuitive interface. It also offers guided setups and one-click installs for over 100 apps.
Pros & Cons
- Eight global data center locations, including four in Europe
- Affordable prices
- Robust security features
- Many free features
- Its site builder is a bit slow
HostArmada is one of the few web hosts that are a jack of all trades and master of all. They offer fast website loading speeds, instant scalability, cloud hosting infrastructure, affordable pricing, and excellent customer support.
- Overall score – 5
- Features – 5
- Support – 5
- User-Friendly – 5
- Pricing – 5
- Reliability – 5
Features: HostArmada offers a wide range of cloud server-powered hosting solutions. These include cloud WordPress hosting, cloud WooCommerce hosting, cloud shared hosting, cloud VPS hosting, dedicated CPU hosting, cloud Magento hosting, cloud Node.js hosting, and reseller hosting.
Support: You get round-the-clock support from the web host’s 24/7 available technical experts. They are always eager to help you with any issues or queries. They also assist with application installation, website migration, and server updates. In addition, they respond to phone calls and chats immediately and resolve tickets within 10 minutes of submission.
User-Friendly: Anyone can use HostArmada hosting packages even if they don’t have any web hosting experience. The company provides a 1-click installer to simplify web activities and save time. They also offer automatic daily backups and allow customers to access their backups with just one click. You can subscribe to their fully managed hosting plans if you need more assistance.
Pricing: You can start with any HostArmada shared or WordPress hosting plans for just $1.99/mo (renews at $9.95/mo). This basic plan hosts one website and offers 15 GB SSD storage, two core CPUs, 2 GB RAM, a free domain, a free SSL certificate, and daily backups. If you need more hosting power, you can get the cloud hosting plans starting at $38.47/mo (renews at $54.9/mo) or dedicated CPU plans starting at $104.30/mo (renews at $149/mo). The shared/WordPress plan offers a 45-day money-back guarantee, while the VPS and direct plans offer a seven-day guarantee.
Reliability: All HostArmada plans have guaranteed stability and a 99.9% uptime guarantee. Since they utilize cloud technology for all their hosting plans, you can expect reliable server performance without downtime or data loss. In addition, they have a data center in the U.K. to ensure fast loading speed for European audiences.
Additional Parameter – Best Overall European Web Hosting Provider: We choose HostArmada as our top European web host for several reasons, such as the low number of clients they host on their web hosting servers, which translates to more resources and better performance for all customers. They also utilize Cloud SSD technology for all their plans and offer affordable cloud hosting plans.
Pros & Cons
- Free domain
- Free SSL certificate
- Daily backups
- Malware scan and removal
- WAF & IP firewall
- Cloud SSD technology
- Free website transfers
- Multiple hosting locations
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- DNS management
- Unlimited subdomains
- Web server cache
- Cloudflare CDN
- 24/7 server monitoring
- Higher renewal prices
- No LiteSpeed for the low-tier plans
With HostGator, you’ll get some powerful features and services right from the get-go, along with great options to scale even further in the future. Namely, you can start off slow and low and then build your way up as your site progresses with no issues. Once you see that you need more resources, you can simply switch to a more powerful web hosting plan. And while you do, your website won’t suffer any consequences or downtime.
- Overall Score: 3.7
- Pricing: 3.8
- Features: 3.8
- Performance: 3.7
- Support: 3.6
- User Friendly: 3.8
Pricing: HostGator’s entry-level shared hosting plan costs $3.75/month and includes hosting for one website, 10GB of storage, unmetered bandwidth, and unlimited email addresses. Also, all of the provider’s shared hosting plans are subject to a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Features: HostGator’s shared hosting plans come packed with features; some of those include unmetered bandwidth, unlimited email addresses, a free domain name for the first year, one-click WordPress installs, SSL certificates that are auto-renewed, and more.
Performance: With HostGator, you’ll get powerful Intel or AMD processors that will give you fast speeds and performance. Also, all HostGator shared hosting plans come with a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
Support: HostGator’s customer support team will be at your disposal 24/7 via live chat, phone, and Twitter. You can also use the guides and tutorials in its knowledge base to learn how to do certain tasks.
User Friendly: HostGator is incredibly easy-to-use, providing beginner-friendly control panels like cPanel/WHM, expert management tools, and the Softaculous 1-click installer.
Pros & Cons
- HostGator offers beginner-friendly services and features.
- It has an intuitive website builder which you can use to create your website.
- It offers feature-rich plans and highly-scalable resources.
- You’ll pay more on renewal (but the higher prices are still worth the features you’ll get).
Chemicloud makes it to our list of recommended European web hosting companies due to its simple yet effective web hosting solutions. They offer free domain, 24/7 support, cloud hosting infrastructure, and an excellent 99.99% uptime guarantee. In addition, they offer a simple-to-use drag-and-drop website builder.
- Overall score – 4.6
- Features – 4.8
- Support – 4.5
- User-Friendly – 4.5
- Pricing – 4.5
- Reliability – 4.7
Features: Chemicloud offers budget-friendly shared hosting, WordPress hosting, VPS hosting, and reseller hosting. All their retail hosting plans come with a drag-and-drop website builder, advanced DDoS mitigation, Cloudflare CDN, and free migration service.
Support: Get expert help when you need it from Chemicloud 24/7 Happiness Engineers. These skilled and friendly experts will help you solve simple and complex web hosting issues. They respond instantly via live chat and typically respond to tickets in about 10 minutes.
User-friendly: Anyone can use Chemicloud hosting plans to start new websites and host existing ones. The web host also offers a simple-to-use website builder free of charge on all plans. And if you ever run into issues, you can contact the always-responsive customer support team for assistance.
Pricing: The shared and WordPress hosting plans come with a free domain. The most affordable option costs $1.99/mo (renews at $9.95) and has a 45-day money-back guarantee. The plan offers hosting for one website, 20 GB storage, 1 GB RAM, and unlimited bandwidth. The entry cloud VPS plan costs $9.99/mo (renews at $45.79) and offers a 15-day money-back guarantee.
Reliability: With Chemicloud’s cutting-edge hardware and low-density servers, you can say goodbye to slow-loading websites. The web host also uses LiteSpeed Web Server and 100% SSD storage to increase your website’s performance.
Additional Parameter – Website Builder: While many web hosts offer web builders, Chemicloud’s website builder stands out because of its robust features. The website has a simple drag-and-drop interface and offers built-in optimization features to boost your search engine rankings and reach more audiences. The websites are also fully optimized for all viewing devices.
Pros & Cons
- 24/7 customer support
- Free domain
- 99.99% uptime guarantee
- Cloud hosting infrastructure
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Simple website builder
- Worldwide server locations
- Free website migrations
- User-friendly hosting plans
- Free SSL certificate
- Slightly pricey plans
- No malware protection on the lowest plan
Fastcomet is a beginner-friendly European web hosting provider. They offer a simplified client area that you can use on computers and smartphones. In addition, they offer affordable hosting plans and reliable server performance. Businesses targeting European audiences can choose from their three European data center locations.
- Overall score – 4.7
- Features – 4.7
- Support - 4.8
- User-Friendly – 4.8
- Pricing – 4.6
- Reliability – 4.6
Features: This web host offers various solutions, including web hosting, cloud VPS hosting, and dedicated CPU servers. All their hosting plans come with always-on DDoS protection, server monitoring, regular backups, free migration, free Let’s Encrypt certificates, and a drag-and-drop site builder.
Support: All customers get 24/7/365 support powered by FastComet’s extraordinary technical support and customer service team. They promise to respond to queries in 15 minutes and are transparent about what is included in their hosting products. They also operate on three escalation levels to ensure your complaints or issues are resolved by the right person.
User-Friendly: If there is one thing evident from FastComet’s client area and operations, it is their dedication to making their hosting solutions beginner friendly. They offer a fully optimized client area that is also mobile-friendly. So you can purchase your hosting plan, set up your website, and manage your hosting from your smartphone or tablet. They also allow you to track your billing and perform web processes with just a few clicks.
Pricing: FastComet offers three main hosting solutions: shared hosting, cloud VPS hosting, and dedicated CPU servers. Shared Hosting starts at $1.49/mo and renews at $9.95/mo. All the shared hosting plans come with a 45-day money-back guarantee. The cloud VPS entry plan costs $23.95/mo (renews at $59.95/mo), while the dedicated CPU server plans start at $83.40/mo (renews at $139/mo). Both plans come with a seven-day money-back guarantee.
Reliability: Living up to its name, FastComet offers an uptime of 99.9% and a 100% network guarantee. They also perform daily server checks to ensure maximum server performance and eliminate downtime. If you experience an hour of downtime, the provider will return 10% of your monthly fee as credit. This credit can go up to 100% of your monthly payment.
Additional Parameter – Beginner-Friendly: if you are an absolute newbie to web hosting or don’t have much web hosting experience, then FastComet is the ideal provider. Thanks to their simple processes and world-class customer service, you can launch your website within minutes. They also make it easy for you to upgrade or downgrade your service with a simple click or tap on your phone.
Pros & Cons
- 24/7 technical support
- Free CDN and NVMe SSD-powered servers
- Website security with Imunify360
- Free SSL certificate
- Daily malware scans and backups
- cPanel control panel
- 11 strategically-located data centers
- Always-on DDoS protection
- Website and server monitoring
- Free website migration
- Cloudflare CDN Caching
- Higher renewal prices
- No free domain name for the first year
IONOS is one of the largest web hosting providers in Europe that offers next-level WordPress hosting ideal for EU-based WordPress websites. Not only does this provider use cutting-edge cloud technology to deliver top-notch performance, but it also provides a 99.98% uptime and has geo redundant, ISO-certified, and sustainable data centers in Frankfurt, Berlin, Paris, London, and other worldwide locations.
- Overall Score: 3.9
- Pricing: 3.9
- Features: 3.5
- Performance: 4.3
- Support: 4.0
- User Friendly: 3.8
Pricing: IONOS’ cheapest WordPress hosting plan costs $1/month and includes hosting for one website, 50GB of SSD storage, 15GB of RAM, one vCPU core, and five email addresses. Also, all of IONOS’ plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Features: With IONOS, you’ll get a plethora of powerful web hosting features, such as customizable automatic updates, DDoS and malware protection, WP-CLI, SSH, SFTP, a free blueprint tool, daily backups, unlimited traffic, git, SSI, IPv6 support, and more.
Performance: IONOS’ new WordPress hosting services are now three times faster than its previous ones, offering 100% SSD storage, isolated hosting in a single site environment, a free caching plugin, and a 99.98% uptime guarantee.
Support: With IONOS, you’ll get round-the-clock customer support via live chat, phone, and cloud support. Also, you can get a personal consultant at an extra cost and get written tutorials and guides with the provider’s help center.
User Friendly: IONOS has its own cloud control panel, which offers an intuitive dashboard and is easy to use. In addition, you’ll get “Deploy Now” features that allow you to launch your website in three steps.
Pros & Cons
- Super-fast performance and a 99.98% uptime guarantee.
- “Deploy Now” features and an easy-to-use cloud control panel.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee on all IONOS plans.
- Prices are higher on renewal (but they’re still low and affordable).
Ranking comparison between the Top Providers
Best European Web Hosting Services: Final Recommendations
Choosing the best web hosting provider for European-based businesses relies on several criteria. But the two most important are European web hosting servers and stable server performance.
On these two main points, HostArmada is our top recommendation. In addition to stable connectivity and data centers in Europe, HostArmadsa offers affordable hosting plans and 24/7 customer support.
Other equally great web hosting providers for Europe-based businesses include Verpex, Kamatera, and Cloudways. Verpex offers excellent customer support and low prices. Kamatera shines best in times of cloud hosting infrastructure, while Clouddways offer the best fully managed hosting services.
How Do We Rank, And How Should You Choose Your European Web Hosting Provider?
Here is a brief rundown of the key points we consider when ranking the best European web hosting providers
- Types of Hosting Offered (5%): Most web hosts here offer shared and VPS hosting. Some also offer sub-categories such as WordPress hosting, WooCommerce Hosting, and cloud hosting. A few of the providers offer reseller hosting and dedicated servers. However, the quality of the hosting solutions counts rather than the number of hosting products.
- Uptime Commitment (8%): We focus on a 99.95% uptime guarantee and above. However, the uptime guarantee only tells you the condition for which you can expect a cash-back credit from the provider. Some providers offer lower uptime guarantees but provide hosting services without downtime for an entire year. That is why we consider other tools such as CDN, cloud hosting infrastructure, and server location.
- Speed Optimisation (9%): Your website speed can boost or hurt your product in today’s world. Hence, we only recommend web hosts with fast server speeds. You should note that VPS plans offer faster speeds than shared hosting plans.
- Available Resources and Bandwidth (7%): Here, we are looking at hosting resources such as CPU, RAM, and storage. Ideally, you want SSD storage in sufficient quantity, ample RAM, and powerful CPUs.
- Scalability Options (6%): As your website grows, you need more resources to keep it stable and improve performance. As such, you must get a provider that allows easy upgrades. It is for this reason that we feature a lot of cloud hosting providers. Cloud hosting plans are easier to upgrade and downgrade.
- Security Enhancements (7%): Website security is a must, even if you are hosting a small personal website. The providers here offer enough protection for basic websites for free. If you want advanced security, you can get any of their security add-ons.
- Ease of Use (8%): We believe web hosting should be accessible to all. That’s why we focus on web hosts that offer user-friendly features and hands-on customer support. Managed hosting plans are generally easier to use than unmanaged hosting plans.
- Support (12%): If there is one area you should always pay attention to, it is customer support. Read the fine print to know the level of support to expect from the web hosting company. You should consider getting a paid support plan or moving to another hosting provider if you need more support.
- Developer Tools and Extras (5%): If you are a developer or are looking to host mission-critical sites, you need a web host that provides a developer-friendly environment and the infrastructure to set up your website or application. All the web hosts here fit those criteria.
- User Reviews (30%): We review comments from users to get a complete perspective on every web host before we add them to our recommendations.
- Pricing (3%): Before comparing prices, ensure all the providers on your watchlist have all the necessary features, server performance, and support you require. When that is complete, you can check out the pricing. However, avoid falling into the trap of choosing the highest or lowest plans. Instead, explore the plans to see which works best for you. All the providers here offer at least a seven-day money-back guarantee, so you can try their solutions with nothing to lose.
How to choose the best European Web Host
Here are some key factors that you should take into consideration before you make their choice:
You should determine how much you want to spend on a hosting plan in the long term. Most providers use low prices to draw you in and then increase the price when you want to renew your plan.
One intelligent approach is to lock in the low starting price by going for a long-term contract. However, pricing is more complex than choosing the provider with the lowest or highest prices. The best hosting solutions fall somewhere in between. To avoid unpleasant events, we recommend you stick to the web hosts in this article.
Everyone needs technical support at some point. For advanced users, it would be when they want to deploy customer applications or customs in configurations. For beginners and intermediates, it could be from the moment they sign up.
To ensure you don’t run into unsolvable issues, you should choose a web host that offers experienced technical support at all times. The support should be available via chat, email, phone, or ticket. Some providers offer tiered support, while others offer a single support level for all customers. If you can’t afford paid support and regular support doesn’t work for you, look for a provider that offers one level of support to all customers.
At the end of the day, you want a web host that delivers your web content to visitors promptly and efficiently. Uptime guarantees are a great metric as they give you an idea of a provider’s reliability. However, uptime only tells you that a web host will reimburse you if your website is down for more than a specified period.
Ideally, the uptime guarantee should be at least 99.95%, but you are better off with a provider that ensures your site stays online at all times regardless of their specified uptime guarantee.
Many people are reluctant to try other hosting plans because they are scared of losing money. Thankfully, you get a 30 to 45–day money-back guarantee from any web host on this page. Test their features and request a refund if you prefer another web service provider.
The only exceptions are dedicated servers. In that case, you must rely on expert reviews and reviews from other users.
These include general features such as RAM, storage, bandwidth, website builder, free SSL certificates, and developer tools. The key features are those critical to your website or application. If they are free, you can proceed. If they are paid, consider if you can keep paying for them long-term.
Cloud hosting providers are the best bet as they offer fully scalable resources. Traditional web hosts also allow you to upgrade your plans. But if you’re in doubt, stick with a cloud hosting provider.
Customer support and user-friendliness go hand in hand. A web host that prioritizes customer support is most likely user-friendly. However, some providers make the hosting experience beginner-friendly by offering one-click installs, fully managed hosting, and free migrations.
What is European Web Hosting?
European Web Hosting is any web hosting solution that helps you to deliver solid user experiences to web visitors from European countries. Typically, the best providers in this regard are providers with data centers in European countries.
Some of the advantages of hosting a website in Europe include the following:
- Speed: The closer a data center is to the user, the faster the user’s browser can access website data from the server. So your European-based audiences will experience faster website loading speeds if you use a European web host. A fast-loading website provides a better user experience, which can boost your search engine ranking and retain customers.
- Compliance: There are data protection laws that websites targeting E.U. audiences have to abide by. Choosing a European web host is the right step to ensure compliance with such laws. Such a host would provide any needed infrastructure to help you stay compliant.
- Location: European web hosting services are for more than just European audiences. The proximity of Europe to other continents also makes it a strategic location for housing globally-focused websites. So while the primary benefit is fast web hosting for the U.K. and the E.U., it can also make your website perform better with worldwide audiences. You can also boost performance for other audiences by using a content delivery network (CDN). Many European web hosts offer free CDNs.